Though to be honest nothing can be too hard to make in Laura’s kitchen! See her full house tour here.
You will need:
200g soft unsalted butter
200g best quality dark chocolate
150g white chocolate buttons
3 large eggs
1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
250g caster sugar
115g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Icing sugar to dust to the tops (for decoration)
PLUS a tin measuring approximately 33 x 23 x 5 1/2cm
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 180*c/gas mark 4. Line your brownie pan – the sides AND the base – with foil, parchment or bake O glide.
2. Melt the butter and the dark chocolate together in a large heavy pan.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla.
4. Measure the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
5. When the chocolate mixture has melted, let it cool a bit and beat in the eggs, sugar and flour and white chocolate buttons. Beat until smooth and scrape into your tin.
6. Bake for no longer than 15 minutes to ensure a gooey in the middle brownie.
7. Cut to size and sieve a little icing sugar over to make everything look pretty!
Lunch, dinner & pudding is served!
(Please note that this is an altered recipe to Nigella’s. To view the original (check p.193) of How to be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson.)