Well if you are off school on half term today like us, this is the perfect opportunity to make something with the kids.
My friend Sarah is amazing. She loves to cook and do stuff everyday with her kids and is a real inspiration to me, so i have to share these ghost meringues she made…in July! They can be made and the kitchen tidied in under 30 minutes!
You will need:
3 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Black writing icing or melted chocolate
How to make:
1. Place egg whites and cream of tartar into a bowl (separate egg whites by placing the egg into your hand and opening your fingers until the white has dripped through into a bowl underneath TO KEEP, and you are left holding the yolk, TO BIN, or use for another recipe?!)
2. Whisk until fluffy
3. Add vanilla essence
4. Add sugar a little at a time and whisk again until soft peak stage
5. Spoon mixture into piping bag of food bag with corner cut off
6. Squeeze mixture into ghost shapes onto a greaseproof papered baking tray
7. Cook meringues at 150 degrees for 5-10 mins
8. Once cooled draw face with icing (or melted chocolate)
These are perfect served with fruit kebabs or a big bowl of strawberries!
I totally love how George has to cook naked too! Check out her blog. I love her recipe posts.
TIP: If you’ve got teenagers. They might prefer to make this instead…Ew!